Tuesday 1 May 2018

Networth Update #2 - April 2018


I started April with a networth of $118,737 and I'm glad that I ended it higher at $123,497.26.

Not that it matters at this point since markets will still go up and down till the day I say bye to mandatory work (and after). But still, feels good to see the numbers go up! An increase of $4760.26 (+4.01%) to my networth to be exact.. 

So, a breakdown of the numbers

Robo – Advisors - $22,595.30
Numbers going up mainly due to the amount I put in monthly (1688 + 588 + 388), only 200+ bucks were from market gains.

Indexes - $60,215.13
Gains of about 1000+, I think mainly due to the strong month STI had.

As mentioned previously, I buy the VWRD and VUSD on a quarterly basis so no purchase this month. 
Tentatively stopped my STI purchases as well, with STI taking about 25-30% of my indexes amount.


Cash - $40,686.83
Numbers should be higher, but we spent quite a bit this month as we are going on a cruise holiday soon which we just paid. Still, its progress! Pumped up a bit by the little dividends from VWRD and VUSD.


Just started tracking my networth consistently and it does feel good and gives me something to look forward to every end of the month! Good to see that there's still progress even though expenditure this month (mainly on the cruise) has been big! 

Guess it helps to keep feeding the machine and don't think too much about it yea? Really makes me wonder about the 40k stash and if I should just pump it into the 'machine' right now... 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wife Say I Niao,

    Congratulations on the increase in networth for this month! Guess I'm not the only one that love auspicious numbers here :)

    I'm a little shock to see that majority of your sums are vested into indexes and robo advisors.

    I believe that your 40k stash will be doing a good job for you when Mr Market is irrational, so I guess there is no rush in deploying them into work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sleepydevil,

    Thanks! Good to know I'm not the only pantang one! Haha!

    Why shocked to see the majority of my funds in indexes/robo? I think I'm more of a passive investor and I can't really figure out stock picking yet thus I'm going the more 'fail-safe' options.

    Yup, I'm waiting for a major dip before pumping all in, that's why the quarterly purchases now cos I dun wanna wait too long in case the next big dip happens in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No hurry la. Buy/enter when you are comfortable. I am pretty comfortable with just 5k cash. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the cash on hand portion I'm worried leh, scared I pump in then market drop like crazy will cry leh. haha! that's why buy quarterly lo to make my wimpy heart feel better. haha!

      But just thinking if I should have pumped all in in Q3 last year ma.

      Delete